The Bergstø power plant has been in operation since December 2009.
There are no regulating storage reservoirs or transfers in connection with this development. The power station is run according to the inflow into the river. A concrete dam was built at elevation 615. The spillway is 2 metres high at the main river, while the dam is 3.5 m high at the intake. The intake was blasted out of the adjacent mountain.
From the intake, a cast iron pipe was laid down to the power station. The entire pipe lies in a rock trench and the inlet pipe is buried along the entire stretch. Work on Bergstø began in June 2008 and put into operation in December 2009.
Only the superstructure of the power station is visible. Outflow from the turbine is led through a short pipe to the culvert under the E-road nearby. The power station is a simple wooden building with a glass façade and faces the main road. A vertical 6-nozzle Pelton turbine with associated 2.9 MW generator has been installed in the station. Flow rate is1.55 m3/s. The waterway has a 700 mm ductile cast iron pipe with a length of 1380 m. The power plant is connected via a 22 kV high-voltage cable in the ground up to the 22 kV line between Odda and Etne. The line runs through the main valley, 150 m from the power station.